Liquor Licensing NSW

Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Competency Cards

In NSW, anyone that sells, serves or supplies alcohol must have completed valid RSA training and have either an RSA Competency Card or interim certificate.  RSA Competency Cards are valid for five years.


Renewing Your Competency Card 

Refresher training is also mandatory when renewing an RSA competency. As your card approaches its expiry date, you must complete the online refresher training course before seeking to renew your RSA Competency Card. Visit the Liquor and Gaming NSW website for more information.


Digital Competency Cards

You must be able to produce your RSA Competency Card if requested by a Police Officer or authorised Liquor and Gaming officer.

Anyone with a valid RSA Competency Card can access a free digital version of his or her card using their CCH card number via the Service NSW App.  The digital card is available for both iOS (Apple) and Android devices.

Contact Us Today!

Do you have an enquiry regarding liquor licensing in NSW? We are here to assist!

Contact Us